"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do." Helen Keller
- Fran Richardson
- Welcome to my blog!I'm a teacher of fourth graders in a beautiful, small, rural town. I moved here a few years ago, but I have taught 19 of my 24 years in this same small town that is now my home. My experience is in teaching second, third, and fourth grades with one year in sixth grade. I am always reading, learning, and reflecting on what goes on in my classroom. I love the work that I do with the parents, my fellow teachers, and most all-my students.I hope you will enjoy reading my blog.
My Blog List
montres guess car cela nuire à la foi et de bonne volonté de l'organisation sur - Les Sac Guess peuvent générer des rappels fréquents au sujet de l' entreprise dans l'esprit de leurs propriétaires ou toute autre personne qui arrive à voi...1 hour ago
Achieving Sustainable Classroom Innovation with @ajjuliani @djesposito and @stevenjmogg - I love this conversation with A.J. Juliani @ajjuliani (Tech Coordinator) with his teachers Rosie Esposito @djesposito and Steve Mogg @stevenjmogg and fr...1 day ago
Build a Solid Stem with @Science4UsSays: K-2 Online, Interactive Science - *Science4Us: Online, Interactive, Standards Based* - Kleinspiration readers are invited to... *click here* to sign up and try it FREE for 60 days - ...2 days ago
April Currently & Don't Let What You Can't Do Stop You From Doing What You CAN Do! - Wow! November 16, 2013 was the last time I posted!! A few Sundays our guest pastor at our church said that line that is my blog post. I have been ...2 weeks ago
Mini-Lesson Makeover: Giving your Connection a POP! - Mini Lessons at this point in the run the risk of being a little....dull if we aren't careful! One thing I've been trying to do is raise the level of inter...2 weeks ago
The Inside Scoop – Weekly Menu & the Monthly Newsletter - Happy Sunday! I hope everyone enjoyed the extra hour this morning (if you have daylight savings time where you live). I spent that time sleeping! It’s ...5 months ago
Connecting Children With Nature: Learning About Trees - Our playground is surrounded by an abundance of beautiful trees, which always seem to captivate my very curious kindergartners. Who would have guessed that a...2 years ago
- Katie and The Sad Noise
- The Little Brute Family
- The Frances Books by Russell and Lillian Hoban
- Charlotte’s Web
- Where The Red Fern Grows
- All of A Kind Family
- Hank The Cowdog
- Charlie and The Chocolate factory
- A Year Down Yonder
- A Long Way from Chicago
- The Teacher’s Funeral
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
- Sarah Plain and Tall
- Other favorite authors: Patricia McKissack, Eve Bunting, Cynthia Rylant, Patricia Polacco, Patricia MacLachlan, Lester Laminack, Chris Van Allsburg
- Gone With The Wind
- Cold Sassy Tree
- Cold Mountain
- anything by Fannie Flagg
- anything by Anne Tyler
- anything by Lee Smith
- anything by Adriana Trgiani
- anything by Sharyn mcCrumb
- The Sookie StackhouseSeries
- anything by Phillipa Gregory
- British history books
- A Dog’s Purpose
The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller
anything by Kelly Gallagher
anything by Rick Wormeli
Wonderous Words, Katie Wood Ray
Strategies That Work
anything by Pam Allyn
Reading with Meaning and Teaching with Intention Debbie Miller
Igniting a Passion for Reading, Steven Layne
Mosaic of Thought
anything by Lucy Calkins
Nonfiction Matters, Stephanie Harvey and Ann Goudvis
Interactive Think-Alouds, Lori Ozkus
Reciprocal Teaching at Work, Lori D. Oczkus
Launching the Writing Workshop: A Step-by-Step Guide in Photographs, Denise Leograndis
First Days of School, Harry Wong
Rafe Esquith — Teach Like Your Hair's on Fire and There Are No Shortcuts -
Subjects Matter: Every Teacher's Guide to Content-Area Reading Harvey Daniels and Steven Zemelman —
anything by Laura Robb
Anything I can get for $o.99 or free on my KINDLE!
MY BELIEFS ABOUT TEACHING
|Collage customized with Smilebox|
PLEASE Grab Our Button! Thanks!
<div align="center"><a href="http://sophieandsadiesscholarlysite.blogspot.com/" title="Sophie and Sadie's Scholarly Site"><img src="http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k519/TabkatzFran/SophieandSadie.jpg" alt="Sophie and Sadie's Scholarly Site" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Classroom Blog 2011-12
- Just for Fun: From “Trash” to Treasure
- Classroom Set-Up: Personalized by Pinterest
- HAPPY SCHOOL YEAR! It’s BACK TO SCHOOL!
- PINTEREST PARTY!
- Look Who’s Coming To My Class
- My Back To School Best
- MONDAY QUESTION: Post A COMMENT, PLEASE:)
- PINTEREST : Projects
- PINTEREST- Inspired Project: Positive Thoughts
- Teambuilding 101
- Where The Rubber Hits The Road…
- PINTEREST: My Classroom Board
- Blog Mixer LINKY
- More on Active Participation
- Whole Brain and Whole Body Learning
- “Brain Breaks” and FMAP: What Do They Have In Comm...
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, E.B. WHITE!
- Read Alouds: Gone to The DOGS
- YOU PICK YOUR PRIZE! :)
- Read Alouds: Not Just for Little Kids
- One of my favorites : KELLY GALLAGHER on READICIDE...
- Fun Friday Final : The REAL Inspiration for THE GR...
- FUN FRIDAY ( Part 2)- Igniting A Passion for Readi...
- FRIDAY FUN: “The Greatest Teacher”
- My Favorite Books
- The TOP TEN of ME
- Thoughtful Thursday: Planning Ahead
- Still Thinking About INTENTION...
- Summer Learning Fun from Sophie and Sadie
- Planning for Procedures
- Study Buddy Spelling: A Spelling Contract Reboot
- Tuesday: Top It Off with A Blog Hop!
- Happy July 4!
- Super Six Group Resources and Handouts: Working To...
- Best Resources for Independence Day
- FAB FRIDAY- More Fun Stuff from THE DOLLAR TREE an...
- Fab Friday- Reciprocal Teaching and Teaching With...