"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do." Helen Keller
- Fran Richardson
- Welcome to my blog!I'm a teacher in a beautiful, small, rural town. I moved here a few years ago, but I have taught over 20 years in this same small town that is now my home. My experience is in teaching second, third, and fourth grades with one year in sixth grade. I am always reading, learning, and reflecting on what goes on in my classroom. I love the work that I do with the parents, my fellow teachers, and most all-my students.I hope you will enjoy reading my blog.
Hello. My name is Fran, and I have a problem: PINTEREST!
Actually, my interest in pinning projects has been a Godsend. I grew up drawing, painting, and making crafts daily, and my parents at one time thought I might go into something that was artistic, but it seems like over time, I have deemed those desires to create things counter-productive and wastes of time. To be truthful, it seems as if there was a point when I was in school back in the late 70’s where there was an artistic track and an academic track in education especially in high school. I believe with the testing mania that has taken over education, art has been pushed aside. If it’s not tested, we usually don’t do it. Yet listen to Sir Ken Robinson : Creativity is a skill we need to nurture if we as humans are going to survive. (Thank goodness for that ancient person who decided fire was a good idea!) There is a human need to create in all of us whether we acknowledge it or not. All the more reason to search for projects that will allow teachers and their students to create. Teachers especially almost all have that desire: Talk to most teachers, and they will say that we love those few times a year that we get to sit down and just color or make something- and the messier the better for me.
So I am loving the fact that I can create something after finding inspiration!
Here’s what inspired me today:
Here’s my own creation made with an apple I stenciled many years ago, a Flip camera, and befunky
My READ Poster
Take a look at my Classroom Pinterest and perhaps you will be inspired to start creating some of your own projects.
MY BELIEFS ABOUT TEACHING
|Collage customized with Smilebox|
PLEASE Grab Our Button! Thanks!
<div align="center"><a href="http://sophieandsadiesscholarlysite.blogspot.com/" title="Sophie and Sadie's Scholarly Site"><img src="http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k519/TabkatzFran/SophieandSadie.jpg" alt="Sophie and Sadie's Scholarly Site" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
- Just for Fun: From “Trash” to Treasure
- Classroom Set-Up: Personalized by Pinterest
- HAPPY SCHOOL YEAR! It’s BACK TO SCHOOL!
- PINTEREST PARTY!
- Look Who’s Coming To My Class
- My Back To School Best
- MONDAY QUESTION: Post A COMMENT, PLEASE:)
- PINTEREST : Projects
- PINTEREST- Inspired Project: Positive Thoughts
- Teambuilding 101
- Where The Rubber Hits The Road…
- PINTEREST: My Classroom Board
- Blog Mixer LINKY
- More on Active Participation
- Whole Brain and Whole Body Learning
- “Brain Breaks” and FMAP: What Do They Have In Comm...
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, E.B. WHITE!
- Read Alouds: Gone to The DOGS
- YOU PICK YOUR PRIZE! :)
- Read Alouds: Not Just for Little Kids
- One of my favorites : KELLY GALLAGHER on READICIDE...
- Fun Friday Final : The REAL Inspiration for THE GR...
- FUN FRIDAY ( Part 2)- Igniting A Passion for Readi...
- FRIDAY FUN: “The Greatest Teacher”
- My Favorite Books
- The TOP TEN of ME
- Thoughtful Thursday: Planning Ahead
- Still Thinking About INTENTION...
- Summer Learning Fun from Sophie and Sadie
- Planning for Procedures
- Study Buddy Spelling: A Spelling Contract Reboot
- Tuesday: Top It Off with A Blog Hop!
- Happy July 4!
- Super Six Group Resources and Handouts: Working To...
- Best Resources for Independence Day
- FAB FRIDAY- More Fun Stuff from THE DOLLAR TREE an...
- Fab Friday- Reciprocal Teaching and Teaching With...